HINDU GODS

Friday, August 07, 2009

SURYA DEEPAM SLOKAS

Deepamjyothi Parabrahma
Deepamjyothi Janardhana
Deepo me hara tu paapam
Deepaa Jyothir Namostute
I salute the Lord, the sustainer of the creation, in the form of this light. I salute
this light (the Lord), may He destroy afflictions resulting from my omissions and
commissions.
Shubham Karothi Kalyanam, Aragyam Dhana Sampadhah
Shathru Buddhi Vinashaya, Deepa Jyothir Namosthuthe
I prostrate to the lamp-light, which brings the brilliance, the auspiciousness, the
health, the wealth and possessions, for the destruction of (my) bad (enemy to
Good) intellect.
SURYA
Jayathu Jayathu Suryam
Saptha Lokaika Deepam
Kirana Samitha Paapam
Klesa Dukhasya Nasam
Aruna Nigama Gamyam
Chadhim Adhitya Murthim
Sakala Bhuvana Vandhyam
Bhaskaram Tham Namami